Let’s be honest- irrelevant ads are annoying. The purpose of advertising backfires when the audience doesn’t find it useful. The ads being only useful doesn’t always suffice either. People are looking for the best and most precise solution to their problems. There are plenty of competitors who might reach your potential customer before you snatch your conversion. The key to reaching your right audience faster is audience profiling.
Using consumer data to divide audiences into distinct segments based on similar consumer behaviors is known as audience profiling. In order to design targeted campaigns and improve results, the goal is to understand your audience better.
How Can Audience Profiling Increase Conversion?
Audience profiling is the process of creating a profile that resembles your potential customer. It includes all the necessary information about their needs, choices, lifestyles, behavioral patterns, and so on. Based on the data collected from data mining and statistical analysis, the target market is divided into distinct segments that share common characteristics. Then the marketing messages are tailored specifically for those segments and customers’ engagement with the messages is closely monitored. Finally, the outcome of the marketing campaign is measured to determine whether it met the expected Return on Investment (ROI).
A thorough audience profiling can boost your conversion rate. The key reasons are-
- It identifies consumer behavior
- Helps create personalized marketing campaigns
- Connects with the customers and creates a loyal customer base
- Optimizes marketing strategies
Lead generation is the process of appealing to potential customers with content. An email or pop-up advertisement with a follow-up link can serve as the lead magnet. The likelihood that someone will click on your link increases when your advertisement is targeted to particular audiences whose profiles match those of your particular campaign. As a result, the conversion rate likewise rises.
Audience Profile Examples
- B2B Audience Profile Example
Role: Digital Marketing Manager
Challenges and goals
- Age: 26-35 years old
- Gender: 60% female, 40% male
- Education: Bachelors or Associate degree
- Industry: E-commerce
- Interests: Likes knowing about recent trends of the society and people’s choices, actively follows social media platforms to stay up-to-date on social trends
- Lifestyle: Prefers flexibility and autonomy, works remotely, and enjoys trying out new campaigns
- Values: Engaging with the community through digital platforms
- Increasing social media influence across various platforms using a small team and limited resources
- Learning about customers and generating quality leads
- Creating engaging content but complying with privacy and data-sharing regulations
- B2C Audience Profile Example
Product: Organic Protein Shake
- Age: 18-35
- Gender: 50% male; 50% female
- Aims to consume food that is healthy and sustainable but often fails to do so
- Has a natural inclination towards organic foods
- Finds it challenging to consume healthy food while busy
- Has a calculative food budget
- Requires a portable and compact supply of protein
- Follows accounts for nature photography on Pinterest and Instagram.
- Watches supplement reviews on Youtube
- Follows health influencers on Instagram and Facebook
Preferred Content Types
- Social media posts
- Blog articles
- Vlog channels
- Event Marketing
Audience profiling helps a business take the right decisions and reach the right audience. This is a game-changer. If you own a business, you know well how important it is to optimize your actions and utilize the resources only in the right direction!