Table of Content:
- What is Facebook Business Manager?
- The Importance of Facebook Business Manager
- The Roles In Facebook Business Manager
- How to Assign Business Manager Roles
Facebook Business Manager was created to assist business owners in managing and organizing their Facebook pages and commercial accounts.
Marketers can use Business Manager to link their Facebook marketing activities throughout their company and with external partners.
What is Facebook Business Manager?
Facebook business Manager is a free tool that allows businesses and organizations to easily manage any form of business on Facebook. With Facebook business manager you can:
- Run and track your ads
- Manage multiple ad accounts and pages
- Collaborate with other agency or marketing partner
Facebook business manager lets you manage:
- Ad Accounts: you can keep track of multiple ad accounts and optimize them to the fullest.
- Business Pages: to help you manage your business account you can invite team members and managers straight to your Facebook business manager dashboard.
- Catalogs: You can share your catalog managing access to your partners.
- Agency top: If you advertise for clients on Facebook, you can use Facebook Business Manager to grant particular roles to your team for access to client accounts.
You can control all of your Facebook marketing activity through Facebook business manager. It also gives you statistics and data on your activities to help you optimize your campaign.
The Importance of Facebook Business Manager
You can easily distribute roles in business manager which helps in distributing the work perfectly. You can assign different roles in Facebook's business manager and give them access to data and responsibilities that suit their roles. This not only helps you to keep your business organized but also clarifies what and how you want your employees to do the work.
If you own multiple business pages, Facebook's business you manager will let you manage them all from the dashboard. You don't have to go to each page and manage each account.
Using Business Manager has made it easy to collaborate with agencies. Many businesses hire other agencies to help them with their marketing. You can add them as “partners” to your account and provide them the access they need for working. You also have the authority to remove them any time if needed.
The Roles In Facebook Business Manager
Facebook’s business manager uses a two layer access system. You can add co-workers to your Business Manager at the first level. Second, to allow access to your assets, using task-based permissions.
Add co-workers to your business manager:
You can assign two types of access,
- Admin access: By giving someone admin access you give them full control over the business. Meaning they can edit settings, people, accounts and tools.
- Employee access: Unlike admin access, employee access only allows people to work on assigned accounts and tools.
It also has advanced option for financial roles,
- Finance analyst: This access allows the financial analysts to work with the transactions, invoices, account spend and payment method data.
- Finance editor: They have the ability to edit business credit card information as well as financial facts like transactions, invoices, account expenditure, and payment methods.
Grant people access to assets:
After adding people to Business Manager, you can go to Business settings and grant them access to your company's assets. You can grant specific task access to each person and asset. You can grant permission to your employees to create ads, but not to publish them. Each asset's tasks are divided into two groups:
- Standard access: Grant access on tasks on each employee you would like to perform.
- Admin access: By granting admin access you allow the person to manage all the assets and perform the tasks.
If you are working with any other agencies and you need to add them to your business manager or grant them access to your assets you can add them as partners. After you have added them as your partner you can assign them any of the roles mentioned above.
How to Assign Business Manager Roles
How to add co-workers
Only admins are allowed to do this. Follow the steps given below to add people to your business manager.
- Go to Business Settings.
- Click People.
- Click Add
- Enter the email address of the person you want to add.
- Select the role you want to assign them. Make sure to read the description for each role. Choose either Employee access or Admin access.
- If you want to assign a financial analyst or financial editor role, click show advanced options.
- Click Next.
- Select the asset and the task access you want to assign the person.
- Click Invite
An invite will be sent to the person via email.
How to grant people access to assets
For this first you must add the person to your business manager. After that,
- Open Business settings
- Click People.
- Select a person
- Click Assign Assets and select a type of asset.
- Toggle on tasks you'd like to grant to the person. Or, toggle on admin access to allow them to manage the asset and perform all available tasks.
- Select the specific assets you'd like to share access to, and choose a role.
- Click Save changes.
How to add partners
- Go to the business asset
- Click the Assign Partners button
- Enter the partner’s Business Manager ID
- Specify your partner’s role
After you've added a partner, go to the left navigation and select Partners to discover what partners have access to your assets. From there you can remove any permission if needed.
A perfect collaboration between the team members can lead to an efficient working strategy while on Facebook business manager. we hope this article helps you understand the roles perfectly and how to assign them, be sure to check out our other blogs on Facebook business manager!