One of the hardest calls a business owner has to make is choosing a campaign objective for their brand. The campaign objective becomes the epicenter of everything that comes after - every ad, every post, etc., is based around this call.
But how do you decide which approach will benefit your business the best? We’ve put together a list of x things to consider to make this choice easier for you.
Brand awareness is how well people know your brand and the emotions and images they associate with it. Brand awareness-centric strategies focus on developing brand image, attracting new website visitors, expanding social media following.
The goal is to attract a new audience and make them aware of its existence. According to Editor’s Choice, presenting a brand consistently across all platforms can increase revenue by up to 23%.
Sales Generation or Lead Generation centric strategies focus on attracting interested clients and converting them into paying customers.
A report from HubSpot showed that 61% of marketers consider generating leads to be their biggest challenge. So it is something that should be prioritized early on.
As the entrepreneur, you will have to make this call yourself, but you know better than anyone what your brand’s goals and objectives are.
When Brand Awareness Works Well
- Startups – When you’re new in the game, the best way to spend your marketing budget is on increasing brand awareness. You want more people to know about you and spread the word. That is how you will score your first sales. The wider your audience, the bigger your chances of having paying customers.
- Crowded Market – If you’re in an oversaturated market, a solid brand awareness campaign will help you stand out. 61% of people are more likely to buy from companies that deliver unique content (Contently).
- Trust Building – People will buy from companies they trust. Even if a person hasn’t bought from you before, it’s possible to gain their trust through proper brand awareness campaigns. Presenting your brand consistently across social platforms can increase revenue by up to 23% (Forbes). Constant presence makes your brand an acquaintance to your targeted customers. Therefore, gaining their trust.
When Sales Generation Works Well
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is one of the most popular and valuable forms of marketing and the one with the highest returns on investment. Every $1 spent on email marketing has an expected average return of $42 (DMA, 2019). Lead generation campaigns can help to build an extensive and profitable list of email contacts.
- Referral sales – Your existing customer base is a great source of sending referrals. They most likely know what you are offering and can refer highly qualified leads for your company. 92% of customers trust referrals from people they know (Annex Cloud).
- Niche Market – If you’re operating in a niche market, lead generation is vital. Your customer base and target audience are smaller. You can consider sales generation techniques by using targeted and retargeted Google, Facebook or Instagram ads. Retargeted ads are likely to encourage 1000% more users to search for a product (ComScore).
Choosing your campaign objective should be based on your brand’s goals, preferences, audience type, business type, and many other factors. If you can pick the correct strategy that aligns with your brand objectives, there is no doubt that your digital marketing will bring you higher ROI, Conversion Rates, and Click-Through Rates. So, choose wisely!
Want to know all about meme marketing and how it's taking over the digital sphere? Take a look at this article.