Are you looking to get verified on TikTok? Verification on TikTok is a coveted status that not only adds credibility to your account but also helps you stand out from the millions of other users on the platform. In this blog, we'll walk you through the steps you can take to increase your chances of getting verified on TikTok.
Steps to getting verified
- Make sure your account is in good standing: To be eligible for verification on TikTok, your account must follow all of the platform's community guidelines and terms of service. This means no spam, no hateful or harmful content, and no impersonation of other users.
- Have a large and engaged following: TikTok takes into account the size and engagement of your following when considering verification. While there's no exact number of followers you need to have to be eligible, larger following and higher levels of engagement (such as likes, comments, and shares) can definitely boost your chances of getting verified.
- Use a unique and identifiable username: Make it easy for TikTok to recognize your account by using a unique and identifiable username. This could be your name, the name of your brand, or a combination of both.
- Use a professional profile picture: Choose a profile picture that represents you or your brand in a professional manner. This could be a headshot or a logo. Avoid using a cartoon avatar or a picture that is too small or blurry.
- Use relevant hashtags: TikTok uses hashtags to categorize and discover content on the platform. By using relevant hashtags in your posts, you can increase the chances of your content being discovered by the TikTok algorithm and potentially increase your chances of getting verified.
- Use a verified email address: If you're trying to get verified as an individual, make sure you're using a verified email address on your TikTok account. If you're trying to get verified as a brand or organization, use an email address that is associated with your website or social media accounts.
- Complete your profile: Make sure to fully complete your TikTok profile by adding a bio, website, and contact information. This can help TikTok understand who you are and why you're worthy of verification.
- Submit a verification request: If you've followed all of the steps above and you feel like your account is ready for verification, you can submit a verification request through the TikTok app. Simply go to your account settings, click on the "privacy and safety" tab, and select "request verification."
While there's no guarantee that you'll get verified on TikTok, following these steps can increase your chances of being approved. Just remember to be patient, as the verification process can take some time. Good luck!
Interested in Instagram Video Ads? Check out this guide.